Dropbox stopped working: RPi2: Exagear V2-4

Dropbox stopped working: RPi2: Exagear V2-4

Postby meatPi » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi,

I have had dropbox running on my raspberry Pi 2 for that last couple of weeks, but from 2 days ago it stopped working (as far as I know no updates were run on Raspi).

At first I tried the following from the Raspberry Pi command line:

Code: Select all
$ exagear

$ dropbox status
Dropbox isn't running!

$ dropbox start -i
Starting Dropbox...dropbox: locating interpreter
dropbox: logging to /tmp/dropbox-antifreeze-fuPdvW
dropbox: initializing
dropbox: initializing python 3.5.4
dropbox: setting program path '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/dropbox'
dropbox: setting home path '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103'
dropbox: setting python path '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103:/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/python-packages-35.zip'
dropbox: python initialized
dropbox: running dropbox
dropbox: setting args
dropbox: applying overrides
dropbox: running main script
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/cryptography.hazmat.bindings._constant_time.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/cryptography.hazmat.bindings._openssl.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/cryptography.hazmat.bindings._padding.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/psutil._psutil_linux.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/psutil._psutil_posix.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/linuxffi.pthread._linuxffi_pthread.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/tornado.speedups.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/cpuid.compiled._cpuid.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/linuxffi.resolv.compiled._linuxffi_resolv.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/linuxffi.gnu.compiled._linuxffi_gnu.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/linuxffi.sys.compiled._linuxffi_sys.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/librsyncffi.compiled._librsyncffi.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/posixffi.libc._posixffi_libc.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
Dropbox isn't running!
Done!

After that, the following is run automatically:

$ dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/PyQt5.QtWebKit.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/pukey/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86-62.4.103/PyQt5.QtWebKit.cpython-35m-i386-linux-gnu.so'
Couldn't start Dropbox.
This is usually because of a permissions error. Storing your home folder on a network share can also cause an error.

Get more help at https://www.dropbox.com/c/help/permissions_error

Please contact Dropbox support with the following info for help:

/tmp/dropbox_error8366x_5v.txt

I then uninstalled and re-installed both exagear desktop and dropbox (followed instructions from: https://eltechs.com/run-dropbox-on-raspberry-pi/), but still did not fix it.

Any help will be appreciated.
meatPi

Re: Dropbox stopped working: RPi2: Exagear V2-4

Postby Core242 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:31 am

I have the same issue, I saw a message in the messagebar saying that Dropbox was updating and after that is no longer possible to start. :cry:
Core242

Postby phillipi » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi,
I have the same issue. Dropbox was working with no issues, so suspect this is an issue related to a dropbox update.
Couldn't start Dropbox.
This is usually because of a permissions error. Storing your home folder on a network share can also cause an error.

I have checked the permissions and I think they are correct.
The Dropbox folder is setup as a network share, but his was working perfectly.

Has anybody solved the issue? Any suggestions?
phillipi

Postby Core242 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Unfortunately I haven't heard about a solution yet. I really miss this as my Photo backup NAS.
Core242

Postby 4k3or3et » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:44 am

I have the same issue with Exagear 3.0 recently released. Anybody found out how to solve the issue?
4k3or3et

Postby LJ_1991 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:47 am

Hi guys,

I experience the same issues.
Problems for me started after Dropbox built 62.4.103 so that's why I also suspect that it is due to a Dropbox update (as mentioned by phillipi).

I've created a detailed question on the Dropbox forum: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Dropbox-cannot-start-since-built-62-4-103-on-Raspberry-Pi-using/m-p/321551#M58605. There you can also find the stuff I tried to get it fixed. Hopefully we can find a solution together!

Cheers,
Lennert
LJ_1991

Postby phillipi » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:45 am

Hi Lennert,
Thanks for your detailed investigation, I thought downgrading to the previous version would have fixed the issue, but wasn't aware that dropbox it automatically upgrades (maybe this help disable auto updates: https://linuxconfig.org/disable-automatic-updates-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux)?

My main question is, do you set your dropbox folder up as a network share?
I do, using a Samba file server similar to: https://eltechs.com/raspberry-pi-nas-guide/.

I suspect that this is the route of the problem.
Anybody else using Samba file server?

Cheers
Ian
phillipi

Postby LJ_1991 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:51 am

Hi Ian, all,

Here below are some answers to your questions. In the meantime I also managed to find a way to install a previous built!

1. I thought downgrading to the previous version would have fixed the issue, but wasn't aware that dropbox it automatically upgrades (maybe this help disable auto updates: https://linuxconfig.org/disable-automat ... aver-linux)?

The problem indeed seems to be the fact that Dropbox automatically downloads the latest (and non-functional builts. I focused on this and found a workaround to install an earlier (and functional) built. Big thanks here to JustinSB's work. After removing Dropbox from the Raspberry Pi, I ran the following commands:
    1. Download the previous stable built (60.4.107):
      $ cd ~ && wget -O - "https://clientupdates.dropboxstatic.com/dbx-releng/client/dropbox-lnx.x86-60.4.107.tar.gz" | tar xzf -

2. Lock the file so it doesn't update: (can be undone with "sudo chattr -i -R .dropbox-dist")
      $ sudo chattr +i -R .dropbox-dist

3. Launch Exagear:
      $ exagear

4. The following line is not really needed but doesn't cause any harm I think:
      $ sudo apt-get update

5. Run Dropbox:
      $ .dropbox-dist/dropboxd

It should be noted that (at least for me) the Terminal window remains open. Once you close it, you kill the Dropbox service. You can solve this (if desired) by creating a shortcut which runs Dropbox without a terminal window (more info here, again thanks to JustinSB).
      Create a "dropbox.desktop" file in /home/pi/.local/share/applications and put the following code in the file:
      [Desktop Entry]
      Name=Dropbox
      GenericName=File Synchronizer
      Comment=Sync your files across computers and to the web
      Exec=exagear debian-8 -- /bin/bash /home/pi/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd
      Terminal=false
      Type=Application
      Icon=dropbox
      Categories=Network;FileTransfer;
      StartupNotify=false
      #WRAPPER_FOR_EXAGEAR_debian-8
      X-KeepTerminal=true
  2. My main question is, do you set your dropbox folder up as a network share?
    I do, using a Samba file server similar to: https://eltechs.com/raspberry-pi-nas-guide/.

No I don't. I use my Raspberry Pi to do webscraping and have this information available at all times (using Dropbox).

For now, I'm happy with the above fix since I just wanted the syncing to continue. In the meantime, let's hope the people from Dropbox can point us to the correct way to solve all of the above while having updates from Dropbox turned on. Therefore we can follow the discussion (which hopefully starts next week ;)) I started here.

Cheers,
Lennert
LJ_1991

Postby Akimich » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:40 am

Hi All,
I had a similar issue on RPI3 with the new Dropbox version for Linux 32 bit (64.4.141, package 'dropbox_2018.11.28_i386.deb') and the latest Exagear Desktop release for Raspbian 9.
Try to install the following libraries into your Exagear system in addition to the ones listed in the Eltechs instructions (https://eltechs.com/run-dropbox-on-raspberry-pi/), which are not added automatically by the package manager, and start dropbox again:
libglapi-mesa
libxcb-glx0
libxcb-dri2-0
libxcb-dri3-0
libxcb-present0
libxcb-sync1
libxshmfence1
$ exagear
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install libglapi-mesa libxcb-glx0 libxcb-dri2-0 libxcb-dri3-0 libxcb-present0 libxcb-sync1 libxshmfence1
$ dropbox start -i
Akimich

Postby Core242 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:56 pm

IT work perfectly, Thanks alot for Posting the solution :D
Core242

Return to ExaGear Desktop