Running Skype on a Raspberry Pi 3

Running Skype on a Raspberry Pi 3

Postby Niklo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:09 pm

I read about running Skype 4.3 on Raspberry Pi 3 using ExaGear Desktop to offer 32 Bit linux. I could install Skype and start it but after login skype closed by itself. Then I found out that Microsoft stopped access with Skype 4.3 on 32 Bit linux. ... 26c?auth=1

The Eltech support wrote me that there is a 64 Bit Beta version to run Skype there. The only thing I need is to build and run a 64 Bit kernel on my Raspberry Pi 3 (Raspbian stretch).
So I read ... erry-pi-3/
and ... bit-kernel
I preferred the last description to build the 64 Bit kernel directly on the Raspberry. It worked. Currently I have problems to get the sound kernel modules compiled see ... 8#p1282988
(I will hopefully get it working)

Getting back to ExaGear. After installing the 32 Bit version of ExaGear the shutdown or reboot needs about 2 minutes. Some ExaGear processes or daemons were running and slowing down the shutdown. The Raspbian stretch uses systemd so the scripts need to be adapted.
For me I would prefer to run ExaGear desktop only when I want to run Skype and stop it afterwards again. So what needs to be manually done to start all needed exagear process and what need to be done to stop all exagear processes?
Then I can put it into a ExaGear start and ExaGear stop script.

Kind regards,

Return to ExaGear Desktop