determine if an injury had resulted as

determine if an injury had resulted as

Postby lw789 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:04 pm

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ben Smith had the closest look and he likened it to mayhem. Antti Raanta had the worst view on the ice and to him it was a thing of beauty. Smith tapped in a rebound with 3.7 seconds left on a wild scrum to give the Chicago Blackhawks a 4-3 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday night. With time running out, Duncan Keith threw the puck on net and goalie Sergei Bobrovsky blocked it with his arm but it popped out of his reach. While he and two teammates scrambled to get to the loose puck, Smith got a stick on it and pushed it into the net. "(Keith) is so good at getting pucks through -- that first shot almost went in. I dont think he saw it," Smith said of Bobrovsky. "It was just kind of a mad scramble in front with people going to the net. Somehow, the puck found its way in." When the official pointed to the puck to signify the goal was good, it touched off a wild celebration from a large throng of Chicago fans in the capacity crowd. It also deflated the playoff hopes of the Blue Jackets, not to mention the thousands of their fans in a crowd of 18,695. "We came up 3 seconds short," said Columbus defenceman Dalton Prout, part of the pile of players trying to clear the puck as time sifted away. At the far end of the rink, Raanta, giving front-line netminder Corey Crawford a night off by making 24 saves, flashed a wide smile when Smiths inside work paid off. "You can imagine how that feels when there is only 3 seconds on the clock and we score the winning goal," he said. "The feeling was very, very nice." Jeremy Morin, Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa also had goals for Chicago, while Keith had three assists. The reigning Stanley Cup champions have already locked up their sixth straight playoff appearance. But they had dropped three games in a row and were without superstar forwards Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane, both sidelined with injuries, heading into a home game with Minnesota on Thursday night. But a shootout win before the home crowd and then the late victory in Columbus -- against a team desperate for points in something akin to playoff conditions -- has brightened the picture even more for the Blackhawks. "You play the right way and you give yourself a chance," coach Joel Quenneville said. "You get balance and you keep yourself mentally aware of what you need to do, play the team system and everybody complements each other. The last two wins are very exciting from where we were just a couple of days ago." Columbus started the night with a tenuous grasp on the second wild-card spot in the East. But with games running out -- and opportunities for points slipping away -- all of the Blue Jackets realized how costly the late goal could end up being. "Its a tough one to swallow, but we have to move on," said Matt Calvert, also in the midst of the scrum at the end. Derek MacKenzie, Ryan Johansen and Artem Anisimov scored for Columbus and Bobrovsky had 34 saves. The Blue Jackets fell to 0-10-3 in their last 13 meetings with the Blackhawks. Midway through the third with the game tied at 3, Raanta made the stop of the game after Calvert intercepted a pass and zoomed in all alone. Raanta deflected his shot and the game remained tied. Bobrovsky then stopped a blast by Bryan Bickell and smothered Morins shot from his knees in the slot with less than 5 minutes remaining. Then came the wild finish after both teams had seemed content to get to overtime with a point. But Smith, at the edge of the goal cage, was able to get to the puck after Prout and Calvert were unable to clear it and Bobrovsky couldnt fall on it. "I went in and told the players, Its a hard loss but weve got to move past it," Columbus coach Todd Richards said. "You cant let your highs get too high. And right now we cant let the lows get too low. This group has been pretty resilient all year. Theres been times all year when people have counted us out and the guys have responded." NOTES: Blue Jackets D David Savard played in his 100th NHL game. ... Chicago returns home for games with St. Louis and Montreal before closing out the regular season at Washington and Nashville. ... Columbus opened a three-game homestand, then ends the regular season with three on the road. Zakaria Bakkali Jersey . Here is a look at all the moves through the first week of NHL Free Agency. The most significant deals will get the full Numbers Game column treatment, like these:Briere-for-Parenteau trade. Dries Mertens Jersey . Even if he is shooting 38 per cent from the field overall this season, the Utah Jazz rookie always feels like his final shot is going in. http://www.belgiumsoccerauthority.com/a ... um-jersey/. Speaking on Leafs Lunch with Bryan Hayes and Jamie McLennan on Thursday, Bernier said it was "very hard" at times being entrenched behind Jonathan Quick and is now excited at the prospect of getting an opportunity to compete with Reimer for the top spot with the Leafs. Laurent Depoitre Jersey . The 29-year-old Mills started three games for Oakland this season, posting a 1-1 record with a 4.41 earned-run average. He opened the season appearing in 14 games and making 12 starts for the Milwaukee Brewers triple-A affiliate in Nashville, posting a 4-2 record with a 1. Jan Vertonghen Jersey . Coming off a 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea on Saturday, Arsenal endured another demoralizing result after rallying for a 2-1 lead -- only to concede a fluke equalizer.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, I have watched thousands of games but I have never seen this. In the first period of Mondays game between the Penguins and Sabres, Pittsburghs Tanner Glass accidentally high-sticked a Buffalo player along the boards, then the puck came back to him. He closed in a bit on the net and ripped a shot which Ryan Miller deflected into the corner - there was another Penguin there and a couple of Buffalo players. I am not sure at what point the referees arm was raised, but Fleury raced to the bench for another attacker. Play was then whistled down and Glass received a high-sticking penalty. My question is: had Glass scored on his shot would the goal have counted? Does somehow the intent to blow the whistle factor in here? Thanks for any clarification you can offer, Kerry. John DickieLondon, Ontario Hi John:Perhaps you werent even born in 1987 but a similar incident happened to yours truly during Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs that year at the Montreal Forum in the hotly contested Battle of Quebec between the Canadiens and the Nordiques. I raised my arm for a delayed penalty and got caught up watching the follow-up action to where the infraction had occurred and while the "offending team" had possession of the puck. Seeing that my arm was raised to call a penalty with his team in possession of the puck the offending team goalie raced out of his crease for an extra attacker. A change of puck possession with no whistle blown resulted in an attack toward the unguarded cage and caused the goalie to throw on the brakes half way to his players bench. Through instinct and a quick replay in my brain I recognized that the offending team had possession of the puck at the time of the infraction and I immediately blew the whistle to assess the penalty. It was a minor embarrrassment for me but no damage was done as result of my slow whistle.dddddddddddd That is what occurred in Monday nights Sabres-Pens game when the referee in the neutral zone, looking down the wall, did a great job in catching the quick high-stick by Tanner Glass to the chin of Tyler Ennis of the Sabres. The referee remained focused on Ennis to determine if an injury had resulted as the Buffalo player grabbed his chin. In that moment of time the shot on goal was taken by Tanner Glass of the Penguins. As Ryan Miller made the save and steered the rebound to the corner behind his net Marc-Andre Fleury had already bolted from his net for an extra attacker! The referee, like me, recognized that the offending team had puck possession following the infraction and stopped play to assess the penalty. If the shot by Glass had gotten past Miller and entered the net the goal would immediately have been disallowed and the penalty assessed as per rule 78.5 (xi)—During the delayed calling of a penalty, the offending team cannot score unless the non-offending team shoots the puck into their own net. This shall mean that a deflection off an offending player or any physical action by an offending player that may cause the puck to enter the non-offending teams goal, shall not be considered a legal goal. Play shall be stopped before the puck enters the net (wherever possible) and the signaled penalty assessed to the offending team. (xii) When the Referee deems the play has been stopped, even if he had not physically had the opportunity to stop play by blowing his whistle. The answer to your question John is clearly found in rule 78.5. Putting aside any minor embarrassment a referee might feel for not blowing his whistle at the appropriate time, no goal can result on a delayed penalty or a delayed off-side call (even after the attacking team has tagged up at the blue line) unless the non-offending team shoots the puck into their own goal. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Return to ExaGear Mobile