ExaGear Windows Emulator on Chromebook - how to...

ExaGear Windows Emulator on Chromebook - how to...

Postby Hubbel » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:59 am

I've downloaded "ExaGear - Windows Emulator" from the Google Play Store. According to the product information page this version is optimized for Chromebooks but can also be run on any ARM Android mobile device with keyboard & mouse attached. I'm not using a Chromebook but instead using a SM-N930F - also known as Samsung's hotest device ever. I've got a BT keyboard & mouse attached, both are working, my devices is fully rooted, busybox is installed, I've got HydraKernel installed and the app seems to work properly as I'm able to install and run some simple x86-Programs out of the box (e.g. Total Commander). So CPU, RAM, keyboard, mouse and so on should fit the requirments and I'm (potentially) in full control of my system.

Unfortunately I'm unable to locate usefull threads in the forums about my version - mostly Exagear RPG or Exagear Stratgies are discussed in the Mobile section and Exagear Desktop is Raspberry only. Thus making me think that here I'm in the correct section for my product.

To cut a long story short: I've got a bunch of questions which aren't answered anywhere in the forums, search function back and forth.

1.Is Wine already part of my product? I've found wine files in some sub-dirs of the installation directory but missing ways to configure it.
In [How To] install MS Office 2010 on Chromebook (which is filed in the Exagear Desktop section) is mentioned that Wine and Playonlinux must be manually installed. What's fact - wine is included in my product or not? If yes, how can I configure it? If not then...
2.I need to know how to open up the ExaGear shell the Office 2010-How2 is talking about. I'm already using Termux, but I'm quite sure in order to install something this must be done out a the Exagear shell - right? If yes, next step would be to deal with the package manager - there's a sources.list somehwere in the ExaGear installation directory, so at least there's a trace of a package manager... can this actively be used? Which repository I can add to the my sources to get working ARM-packages?
3.Before trying to do something serious with the emulator I wanna have some fun by installing Sim City 4 (I own the orignal). That's where a major difference between ExaGear RPG/Strategies and Windows Emulator comes in place: as far as I read I need to install the game instead of just copying over the folder of the already installed game from PC to android device as it is handled in Exagear RPG/Strategies. The source directory for installation files must be placed below /sd-card/Download/ - as I'm using ISO9660 images of Sim City 4 I've successfully mounted the 1st (of 2) isos in that folder (which alone took me approx 4h)... but ExaGear wont recognize the content of the mounted iso - even when ExaGear is startet via shell in root context. So the questions are:
Isn't Exagear capable of reading the ISO9660 filesystem or does it simply not accept workarounds like mounts/symlinks?
Can the source directory for installations be changed to somewhere else?
Is the storage folder somewhere below the ExaGear installation directory of any use? Maybe that's the place to mount .iso files?
4.After installation I'll need to apply a patch to Sim City 4 - how can I do that? My experience from the simple programms I've talking above make me think that every "Install New"-action inside the emulator starts an own environment which doesn't know anything about already installed programms (Sim City 4) - how can patches/updates be applied to already installed programs?

Hopefully someone can bring me on the tracks so that I can solve further problems on my own... the apps is really fascinating, I smelled blood of a real Windows Emulator, RPG/Strategies will probably not be able to satisfy me after realizing the potential of the real emulator...
Hubbel

Re: ExaGear Windows Emulator on Chromebook - how to...

Postby mike96 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:23 am

Hello,

I have just registered as a member on this forum. I am hoping to gain a lot of ideas and knowledge through this decision.
Mike Craig
IT Services
mike96

Re: ExaGear Windows Emulator on Chromebook - how to...

Postby linming0303 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:50 pm

shoes oholic influence and inappropriate speed on wet r shoes,oad he came off to the left of the roadway, overturned and came with the driver's side,

on a tree women, to stand.

Two seriously injured other passengers, a 19-year-old and a 20-year-old had luck in di hill shoes,sguise that randomly two paramedics on the scene came along and immediately provided.

The driver Skirts,was not injured. Our news now also once a day via
(Icon) (EUobserver) Travelled at a speed of around 170 km\/h on Saturday, the 16.04.2016,.

against 11.

20: 00, a 19 Mazda driver the Tauber Valley rise on the A81 in direction Heilbronn.

When overtaking a right moving truck, he came as a result of hydroplaning in the spin and crashed into the Central barrier.

From there, he was dismissed and flung the lanes of traffic right into t
linming0303

Herren eville 600 - heißen Wetter

Postby linming0303 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:28 am

Herren eville 600 - heißen Wetter Combat Boot USAF: Arbeitsstiefel von Belleville kombinieren Innovation u Herren,nd Funktionalität, die Sie ausfüllen können Ihr Job sicher. Belleville Stiefel mit ultra Haltba Wintermäntel,rkeit und Zuverlässigkeit und sind die perfekte Lösung, um auf die Seite Gefahren, dass wir alle daunenjacke damen,also gewöhnt. Egal, ob Sie Rahmung Häuser, Sanitär Installation, arbeitet in einer Fabrik oder auf Patrouille, Belleville-Arbeitsstiefel eigünen sich für Ultimativer Komfort und Schutz. Dieser Autor ist ein großer Fan von Belleville BootsThis Autor ist ein großer Fan von Workbootsdirect. com\/Belleville-Militär-Stiefel \/ Belleville Stiefel 4 Bereiche wo Vorsichtsmaßnahmen sind Obligatorisch im Gesundheitswesen durch Greg Garner & Nbsp Beratung | Veröffentlicht von 20
linming0303

Return to ExaGear Mobile