said after his fourth shootout loss of the

said after his fourth shootout loss of the

Postby lw789 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:16 pm

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - The Clippers starters built an 18-point lead in a torrid opening quarter only to see the reserves blow it all by halftime, leading to an angry locker room.The starters got most of it back in third and the Clippers went on to beat the New Orleans Pelicans 120-100 on Saturday night for their seventh straight victory.Thats the most upset Ive seen our team at halftime, coach Doc Rivers said. The lesson for the second unit was make your own day. In the fourth quarter, the second unit came in and finished the job this time.Blake Griffin scored 30 points, going over 7,000 for his career, and made 10 of 15 free throws as one of just two starters to get fouled.J.J. Redick scored 13 of his 21 points in the first quarter, Jamal Crawford added 20, Chris Paul had 18 points and 16 assists, and DeAndre Jordan had 18 rebounds for Los Angeles.Earlier in the season, the Clippers wouldnt have handled faltering in such a way. But theyve grown during their current winning streak, which began with four straight wins during a recent seven-game trip.You cant figure out whose fault it is, youve got to find a solution, Paul said. We let our defence create our offence.Defensively, Griffin did a job on Pelicans star Anthony Davis, who scored 26 points but was held to a season-low three rebounds.To go against a guy like that is fun, Griffin said. Just keep a body on him. It was a team effort.Ryan Anderson scored 16 off the bench, Luke Babbitt had 12 after making four of five 3-pointers, and Omar Asik had 10 rebounds for New Orleans, which has dropped two straight and five of six.They shot the ball extremely well, but our first and third-quarter defence let us down, Pelicans coach Monty Williams said.The Clippers led by 18 early in the second quarter, only to watch the Pelicans tie it at 54-all at halftime. New Orleans shot 74 per cent and made 5 of 6 3-pointers in the quarter, when Anderson led the way with 12 points. Babbitt hit a 3-pointer for the tie with 28 seconds left.We were sharing the ball, moving the ball, and we didnt care who scored. It was fun, Davis said. But at the same time, it wasnt enough. I think I can do a better job of moving the ball even more and making the extra pass. But at the same time, the guys have to be more aggressive.The Pelicans took their only lead of the game, 56-54, to start the third on a hook by Omer Asik. From there, the Clippers gradually pulled away to another double-digit lead on a 3-pointer by Paul. They stretched it to 93-78 at the end of the third on Pauls running layup.Redick capped his red-hot opening quarter with a buzzer-beating 3-pointer, giving the Clippers a 34-18 lead after they shot 65 per cent.The Pelicans got back in it in the second with their five 3-pointers. Anderson had two 3s, Austin Rivers added one and Babbitt hit the tying 3 just before halftime.TIP-INSPelicans: G Eric Gordon, a former Clipper, remains out with a left shoulder injury. ... The Pelicans have lost four straight to the Clippers at Staples Center.Clippers: Jordan was the other starter who went to the line, where he missed his only free throw attempt. ... Led by Redicks five, the Clippers made a season-high 17 3-pointers. ... Longtime play-by-play man Ralph Lawler missed the game after having surgery to break up a kidney stone. The 76-year-old announcer tweeted it was the first game hed ever missed because of injury or illness. ... G Jordan Farmar (back spasms), G Reggie Bullock (right ankle sprain) and G Chris Douglas-Roberts (strained right Achilles) sat out.7,000 POINTSGriffins layup late in the second gave him 7,001 points, making the four-year veteran the second-quickest in franchise history behind Bob McAdoo to reach that mark. He finished the game with 7,018.NEW PELICANFormer Dallas guard Gal Mekel was scoreless playing 10:47 of his first game since being signed a day earlier. He was released by the Mavericks after the preseason.Im still learning our system, our offence and our plays, he said. Conditioning-wise, I felt good. Im still a little rusty, but in another few days I will be in good shape.UP NEXTPelicans: At Lakers on Sunday.Clippers: Host Phoenix on Monday. Diego Souza Jersey . Brazilian striker Brandao opened the scoring with a header in the 55th minute before winger Franck Tabanou volleyed home from close range to double the lead in the 61st. Alex Sandro Jersey .Leicester won 25-21 in a heated European Rugby Champions Cup group match on Sunday.Toulon said on its website on Wednesday that it decided to open an investigation after Leicester complained about the behaviour of prop Martin Castrogiovanni and fullback Delon Armitage. http://www.officialbrazilonline.com/. The Blue Jays lost to the New York Yankees 3-1 Tuesday night, their seventh defeat in 10 games. Rasmus was put on the 15-day DL on May 15 because of a sore right hamstring. Hes hitting .222 with nine home runs and 19 RBIs. Willian Jersey . Blown save in the ninth inning? No problem. Rafinha Jersey . Next up is another showdown with Michigan. Payne scored 18 points, Branden Dawson had 14 and No. 22 Michigan State beat No. 12 Wisconsin 83-75 on Saturday to reach the Big Ten tournament championship. DENVER -- Semyon Varlamov preferred his play do his talking, and it spoke volumes for the Colorado Avalanche. Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. Matt Duchene also scored in the shootout for the Avalanche, who have won three straight -- with the last two thanks in large part to the play of their reticent goaltender. "I hate talking about myself. Ask Patrick," Varlamov said, deferring to coach Patrick Roy. Colorado didnt need much offence with Varlamov in net. After stopping 46 shots in a 3-2 overtime win in Chicago on Tuesday, Varlamov had another strong game against the Devils. He made five saves on a power play early in the third and then made another on Patrik Elias point-blank shot from the slot with about 13 minutes left. The Avalanche nearly took a 2-0 lead on Duchenes wrister moments later, but Schneider made the save. Varlamov had five saves in overtime and then stoned Elias and Adam Henrique in the shootout. "I got a guy lying on his stomach and I couldnt finish it," Elias said. Roy had no problem praising his goalie. "I like the effort we had from our goalie. He made some great saves," Roy said. "We put a lot on our goalie and our goalie has been phenomenal." Cory Schneider stopped 37 shots and Andrei Loktionov scored for the Devils, who had their two-game winning streak stopped. The Devils are 0-8 in shootouts this season, with Schneider losing half of those. New Jersey has lost 12 straight shootouts dating to last season. Schneider couldnt end the drought after keeping his team in the game for the first two periods. "I dont know what it is right now, Im not coming up with the saves in the shootout,"; he said after his fourth shootout loss of the season.dddddddddddd"When youre not getting wins from it and youre leaving points on the table, it matters." The Avalanche played without centre Paul Stastny (leg) and defenceman Cory Sarich (back) for the second straight game. Roy chose to dress just 11 forwards and go with seven defencemen against the Devils. OReilly, double-shifting on the fourth line, opened the scoring at 8:55 of the first. He took a pass from behind the net from Patrick Bordeleau and beat Schneider with a high snap shot from the slot. It was his team-leading 18th of the season. "We ran a cycle play after Malone kept the puck in," OReilly said. "Malone did that and Bordy saw me alone out front and I got the shot off quick." Colorado held a 13-2 shot advantage in the second period and controlled play for most of the first 40 minutes. Things changed in the third when New Jersey found its legs and put 18 shots on Varlamov. "The way we played in the third, it seemed like they couldnt play with us," Elias said. "It was like two different games." The Devils tied it at 1 when Loktionov beat Varlamov with a slap shot from the right circle at 8:59. Colorado had two good chances late in the third, but Schneider made a save on John Mitchell and Nathan MacKinnon shot wide of the net. New Jerseys Steve Bernier nearly scored right after that when his shot skipped through the crease. NOTES: Duchene celebrated his 23rd birthday Thursday. ... The Devils activated Elias and C Jacob Josefson from IR and assigned F Mike Sislo to Albany of the AHL ... Colorado sent G Sami Aittokallio to Lake Erie of the AHL. Aittokallio served as Varlamovs backup while Jean-Sebastien Giguere dealt with back spasms. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Return to ExaGear Desktop