halo 1 and ce *technically* work!! (minus dxt textures)

halo 1 and ce *technically* work!! (minus dxt textures)

Postby thellt » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:03 am

to the technitians who develop eltechs wine: i don't know if eltechs have released an update to wine but i do have visual confirmation that halo pc and ce work on wine. any textures with alpha are immediately changed to the base shader radiocity level (dxt2 and dxt3 4 and 5 textures do not load.) i did see this implementation online that if included in the next wine.... that might fix it.
Code: Select all
err:winediag:wined3d_texture_init The application tried to create a DXTn texture, but the driver does not support them

^ this is the only thing holding halo back on the raspberry pi now!

on x86 processors there is a solution.... sudo apt-get install libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:i386 and the same without the ":i386"<-- but this didn't work on eltechs wine. i belive you guys might have to cross compile or alter this package to get direct3d games working like halo, halo custom edition, and other 2001-2004 era gearbox and Microsoft games working.

direct 3d shaders are working its mostly an issue of texture rendering at the moment!!!

following is for the user!

do you want to see halo on the raspberry pi? albeit broken?
to get halo working as far as the state i got (with the texture garbage) you will have to:
1.) (recommended as you don't need a cd with the official 1.08 update pre included and updated further thru 1.10)
download my custom modified 1.10 all in one halo client at http://chiperdilly.com/release.exe <- no stolen software included (you still need your key to play) also its updated to work on the new gamespy servers as the old gamespy got nuked. use WGET if you don't know how to download it!!!
make sure you install it carefully. desktop shortcuts will not work at all. even retail shortcuts don't work. if you need help ask questions.

1.) (alternate) or use official halocesetup_en_1.00.exe from google.com search (try the halomaps or fileplanet link)
and update it to 1.10 halo ce by searching google. i cannot hold your hand on this.

2:)download an old copy of mfc42 from http://chiperdilly.com/mfc42.dll (use wget on pi)
3:)paste mfc42 in /home/pi/.wine/drive_c/windows/systen32
4.) on the pi, as well, as set the graphics on raspi config to 256 and use "fake drivers."
5.)install exagear desktop and sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade and sudo apt-get install wine
6.)launch exagear and then launch wine say yes to mono and other questions.
7.) do winecfg and make sure you enable desktop mode
8.) download the copies of either release.exe or halocesetup_en_1.00.exe (<-and the 1.10 update!) to the home folder
9.) wine halocesetup_en_1.00.exe (or) wine release.exe and make sure that you have 1.10 update installed.
10.) go thru setup and do default and type your key and everything,
8.)in your home folder /home/pi/ open terminal and type "wine notepad"
type:
c:
cd program files
cd Microsoft games
cd halo custom edition
haloce.exe -windowed -novideo
save in /home/pi/ and call it haloce.bat
then whenever you want to try running halo do wine haloce.bat. hope it works. if you need me to i will try to upload an image at somepoint.

so far i got it working on july 5th jesse. if you need help i will check back occasionally.

i wrote this at 1:20 am and I'm super tired. please be aware that i also am super quirky as it is. if this doesent make any sence but want to get halo going lets see what the techs can do! :) (hint: eltechs.... can you include dxt compression?
thellt

weddings longer used

Postby linming0303 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:47 pm

weddings �?longer used

Electric cooker created good weddings,s. Probably someone against a switch came.

A hot plate heated up then and an overlying rugs infla men's clothing,mmed. This resulted in a significant smoke development.

The volunteer fire brigade Tauberbischofs mens running shoes,heim could however already at 2:10 �?fire off �?sign.

A 50 years resident and his wife, 49-year-o womens jeans,ld were gefahrenUnsere with mild flue gas poisoning by the also alerted rescue services to the outpatient treatment in the hospital

News now also once a day via
(Icon) Hirschhorn.

(EUobserver) According to recent findings of the police through a 75-jähriger wine on Sunday at 17:00, the B 37 from the direction of stag Horn coming in direction Eberbach.

The 75th anniversary car drivers from so far unexplained cause was height of the
linming0303

Schuhe nbequem Getriebe und Schuhe gemacht

Postby linming0303 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:26 am

Schuhe nbequem Getriebe und Schuhe gemacht, vor allem für die Streitkräfte wird dazu führen, dass eine M Schuhe,enge von Frustration und Irritation Full Content kaufen ein paar Stiefel tatsächlich erfordert daunenjacke damen online kaufen,eine wenig Forschung entlang dem Weg oder Sie finden konnten, ein Schuh, der passt sehr gut - ode Daunenmäntel kaufen,r schlimmer noch, ein Schuh, der passt super, aber crappily gemacht. Unbequemen Ausrüstung und Schuhe, vor allem für die Streitkräfte wird eine Menge Frust und Ärger verursachen. Auf jeden Fall nicht etwas, was wollen Sie bewältigen Sie, wenn Sie sich eine gefährliche Situation handelt. Sie wollen Ihren Geist konzentriert sich auf das wesentliche, kein Paar Stiefel, die töten Ihre Füße. Ohne jede große Forschung zu tun, es gibt ein paar TOP-Namen in der Schuh-Industrie
linming0303

Return to ExaGear Desktop