:edit: Attempting games with exagear on Rasp 3

:edit: Attempting games with exagear on Rasp 3

Postby Tunppi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:02 am

:edit:
Greetings, i just recently bought exagear, due they marketed that it could install homm 3 and fallout 1, but i have been unable to follow the gaming beyond retropie guide part 2.
here i try to install different games on raspberry 3

thank you from your patience and time.
Tunppi

:edit: i managed to install homm 3 complete gog edition finally after installing play on linux debian package. xterm and other requisities for pol via exagear. on, via exagear terminal. i installed wine 1.5.16 and 2.15 via play on linux
anyway homm 3 complete is running atm. i will report how well it plays :)

:edit: managed to watch the intro. the music plays. but when clicking on the start or load or multiplay it freezes

now im trying to run pol again and try the guide from gamersonlinux, it is also rather old guide but advices with some libraries that i have not seen anywhere else

:edit: pol wine crashes constantly and wine 2.15 1.7.55 1.8.6 crashed, imiht have tried wrrong libraries

:edit: tried gog forums installation guide and got results!
untill it crashed eventually.

Annnnnnd stability! save quit reboot load etc.

:edit: annnnd it crashed on end turn... after idling/working for good 15 minutes?

:edit: now im attempting to install HoMM3 HD patch to fix the crashing and occasional freezing but it does not allow me to choose the filepath/ it says there are no heroes files there. :?:

it AND HotA Installed!! and now atleast HoMM3 seems stable, it worked for 20 minutes straight. HotA not so much it worked for 2 minutes..
But im getting there :!:

:edit: now regular homm3 with hd patch worked for 2 hours straight. so i guess i could say it is stable?

if you want i could list all the tutorials that helped me, but basicly its been everything related to running homm3 on debian so it is a lot of links, thanks to exagear emulator i was able to run the debian side of the guides.

thank you from an able software. but please update the install guides?
Tunppi

Re: :edit: Attempting games with exagear on Rasp 3

Postby Tunppi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 pm

now im trying to install gog version of morrowind goty, and open morrowind, since it is recommended to use on debian systems, and exagear emulates debian 8?
the gog installer is running atm. all seems fine. :idea:

:edit: managed to get the install trough altough there were numerous errors, and i cannot locate the game files :?:
now im running a new attempt with new wine settings, and also am installing morrowind to a flash drive to try to move the files from there, also will attempt to install from cd files?
sorry from spamming. but i dont want to do new posts every time i get progress. i think this interests people. if not feel free to do actions. :?:

:edit: managed to get the game running, but the "what's your name" and "Follow me" interactive windows did not pop up? and the npc's just stood there while nothing happened. so i had to kill the program. :?:

:edit: managed to get it working! had to install morrowind goty gog edition to an flash drive, then move the files to .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Bethesda\ Softworks/Morrowind and run Morrowind.exe with configured wine, needed a ton of libraries to get wine stable, alsa libraries, opengl libraries, d3d8, windowscorefonts or something like that, lots of stuff.
now i need to uninstall alot of stuff since i have only 2 games and of my 26g sd card there is only 3 gigs left :D so many libraries i tried and downloaded. :!:
Tunppi

Postby goha » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Hey, this is great work! Well done!
goha

Postby Ruffturn » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:41 pm

How were you able to find help on the GOG forum? Any search that I've done for "EXAGEAR" there returns no results at all. One of the biggest reasons that I purchased Exagear was so that I could run GOG games, but only the oldest games run.

I'm very interested in getting GOG games to run on Exagear.
Ruffturn

Postby thrasher666 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi, new guy here. Just have to say.... I feel dumb and frustrated.. I'm trying to get might and magic 6 working which is claimed to be easy/peasy but i've been working at getting m&m 6 to work on my pi for months now, KIND OF got it "working" BUT There is alot of distortion in the ground textures, like blank sky floors n' such. and before I used grayfaces' patch It froze constantly. it seems to want to work on everybodies device but mine! LOL, I've done everything required to get exagear and wine via terminal. Also own M&M thru gog so it's a legit copy, and I tried grayfaces' patch too but didn't help.
thrasher666

Postby macblain » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Thanks for posting.

I bought exagear during the Black Friday sale, and thus far it has been a complete waste of money.

Have you been able to legitimately play anything yet?

I can boot up Fallout 1 & 2, Arcanum and Cossacks, but the framerate is nowhere near playable. For instance, to pan the view one full screen width over, in Fallout 1, takes at least an entire minute. I'm also on an r pi 3.
macblain

Return to ExaGear Desktop