Pi Zero W - systemctl teamviewer.services

Pi Zero W - systemctl teamviewer.services

Postby john.willis » Wed May 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Hello,

I have had success at installing and starting TeamViewer 11 i386.deb and Teamviewer 9 i386.deb

However I have not found a way to automatically start either using the Exagear Desktop product that works with the latest Raspbian Pi - Jesse.

The latest image was downloaded and installed on an 8GB sd card last night (5-02-2017)

The Exagear desktop installed and then from the default (pi) user account the command
$ sudo exagear
was executed to start the arch 686 environment.

Then
$ sudo dpkg -i teamviewer_i386.deb ; apt-get install -f
was executed.

After install.

Running the shortcut from the Gnome "like" Pixel desktop menu responded with teamviewer daemon not started.

I (could) manually traverse to the /opt/teamviewer/tv-bin directories and manually start the
$ sudo teamviewer -d
process from the arch 686 environment
Then
$sudo teamviewer
to start the teamviewer License and Configuration, system tray application

Accepting the License and connecting to a Teamviewer mangement account in the cloud proceed as expected.

Configuring a nonchanging remote password for hosted control mode appears to proceed as expected.

On a remote system the machine name appears in the Teamviewer mangement account, and can login to the console desktop, as expected.

Performance is less than would be hoped, but does work, lowering resolution on the Raspbian desktop helps some.

Diagnosising the inability to reboot and automatically start in Hosted Teamviewer service mode:

Checking the
$ sudo systemctl status teamviewer
indicated the daemon failed with an (Illegal) instruction code while trying to start.

I (think) that means the systemctl autostart process is attempting to run the i386 binary in an ARMhf environment and failing.

I suspect the
/etc/systemd/system/teamviewer.services
[Exec]
string is incorrect for starting the Exegear desktop environment and then starting the teamviewerd daemon inside that.

Would you have an example of one that works on reboot, with no user intervention?

Also, Teamviewer seems to rely on two components:

1. teamviewerd
2. teamviewer

Starting only the first does not lead to a hosted unattend mode of operation.

It (seems) to me that 1 must be started followed by a delay and then later 2 must be started.

I do not know teamviewer well, so please correct me if I am wrong.

It seems like a simple problem, but my unfamilarity with the product and teamviewers inner processes appears to be obstructing my progress.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
John Willis
john.willis

Return to ExaGear Desktop