Install Cups

Install Cups

Postby .Tear » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Hey, is there any Guide how to install Cups on the Guest system?
I got an error that the dbus exists on host und guest system.

How to fix this?
.Tear

Re: Install Cups

Postby cottoa00 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:30 am

I am also trying to install CUPS on my Pi3. I have a Brother MFC-J4420DW and the company said the driver is not supported on ARMv7 hardware. This was the primary reason I purshased exagear.

From reading thru the exagear doc it says cannot have a service conflict between host and guest so removed CUPS from host and installed on guest (not sure if it is strictly a service or not but thought it would be safer to remove). The CUPS web interface at localhost:631 comes up empty... not sure how a web based admin service like this would work in exagear. I'm assuming there is a subset of an x386 linux system in your "guest space" (/opt/exagear/images/debian-8/)... would it include printing support beyond just CUPS (lpr and some other print support does not appear to exist in guest)?

Does exagear support a separate web server capability (which would suggest another potential "service" conflict http)? Or could guest CUPS use the host web service to administer the guest CUPS setup?

Trying to get my head around interplay between host and guest and what is already installed in guest.

Thanks... think exagear can help me solve my printer problem hopefully just need some guidance.
cottoa00

Postby cottoa00 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:00 am

An update to my prvious post...

I found the driver package and a related uninstall.... ran uninstall in host
and then
sudo dpkg -i --force-all xxxx.i386.deb in guest
/etc/init.d/lpd restart

checked lpstat -p -d and see old printers from host but disabled and "backends" do not exist.
Started to dig into lpadmin since CUPS web interface not working against guest... Would be great if could point CUPS to guest.
cottoa00

Postby goha » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello!
Could you please clarify what is the CUPS version that you are trying to install? Could you please share the download link?

It would be very helpful if you post details about your system configuration. I need the outputs of the following commands executed in ARM terminal:
Code: Select all
$ uname -a
$ cat /etc/issue
$ exagear
$ dpkg -l 'cups*'
goha

Return to ExaGear Desktop