Will this work?

Will this work?

Postby doggy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:16 am

I would like to buy and install ExaGear on an Odroid U4. Would someone be able to kindly see if this one Windows x86 app will run on an XU3 or XU4?

I am replacing a PC on a boat and would like to use the XU4 and the ONLY thing I cannot do is run this program which is a fairly simply GUI app that runs on just about any Windoze version (everything from Win95 to Win10 & it runs fine under Wine on Ubuntu 16.) . But as it is the ONLY thing I want to run, there is no point buying the product if it is not going to work on that one application.

The app is "Airmail 3" which is a fairly simple email App. that "talks" to a modem connected to a HF radio (so it talks to a Windoze COM port) which will be accessible via a serial/USB adaptor. The URL for the app is:

http://www.siriuscyber.net/sailmail/amsm35036.exe

Many thanks,
David,
Australia
doggy

Re: Will this work?

Postby pilesofspam » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:14 am

I don't have a radio, but install and execution seems to work fine on my Odroid XU4. It even shows up in the applications menu under 'other'
pilesofspam

Postby doggy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi,
Thank you so much for doing that.
I shall proceed.
Best Regards,
David
doggy

Postby juliajefferson » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:37 am

Innovation has both upsides and downsides throughout our life. On one hand it makes life simple and encourages us in numerous every day exercises however then again it is additionally getting used to damage social life.
juliajefferson

Postby Akopac » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:52 am

Hi David and Fellow Forum posters

I have been looking for a solution to SSB Winlink email with a Raspberry Pi for several years now. Really. This seems to be a perfect fit. I would like to install Winlink Airmail or RMS Express (Preferred). The following is what I have:
Raspberry Pi 3
Updated and Upgraded Raspbean OS (Pixel) 4.4.50-7+
Running
GL Graghics Accel.
ExaGear Updated and Upgraded 4.4.50-7+
Runnning Wine 2.0 - ElTechs
I installed .NET 40 & 4.5
I have a Pactor IIpro serial modem upgraded to pactor III with a usb to serial adapter on it. The Radio is a IC718, the tuner is a AH2. All this has worked for years working on a windoz laptop with full rig control on our boat.

What do I need to do to get Airmail working on the Raspberry Pi III?
RMS Express?
Will I need .NET3.5sp1?
How do you handle the com ports?
How fast does this setup work for the Aimail/rms express application?
Can somebody give me a written script on how to setup from here ;-) It's been a long haul getting to this point?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.
Akopac

Postby Akopac » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:48 am

Got Airmail to install, but the View/Propogation throws some errors and won't run, and the mouse works erratically on the drop down menus. Any thoughts? This does not require .NET or anything to run other than plane Wine with winxp or 7.
Akopac

Postby edwardmyers » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:50 am

Invention has both upsides and drawbacks for the period of our existence. On one hand it makes lifestyles easy and encourages us in countless everyday exercises.UK Essay Help l UK assignment writing service
edwardmyers

Postby jakegeorge » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:26 am

In my case, i have facing many issues because of system requirement is not fulfil with use the XU4.
jakegeorge

Return to ExaGear Desktop