Do Not buy for RPi3

Do Not buy for RPi3

Postby Savad81 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:22 am

Eltchs ExaGear software no longer provides a Guest Debian OS with pre-installed Wine software, and I, along with others are unable to get Wine to install on the guest OS on a Raspberry Pi 3.
Savad81

Re: Do Not buy for RPi3

Postby koala_berry » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi,

you are not alone I am also already going nuts ... I do not manage to get that Wine installed properly ... Cost me already three days without making any progress ...

I set up a complete new installation, just to make sure nothing got messed up with all my attempts to fix it, but it still does not work properly with the Wine install. I get the following error>

Setting up libxxf86dga1:i386 (2:1.1.4-1+b1) ...
Setting up vdpau-va-driver:i386 (0.7.4-3) ...
Setting up libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:i386 (0~git20131104-1.1) ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libtxc_dxtn_s2tc.so.0 to provide /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libtxc_dxtn.so (libtxc-dxtn-i386-linux-gnu) in auto mode
Setting up ocl-icd-libopencl1:i386 (2.2.3-1+deb8u1) ...
Setting up dbus (1.8.22-0+deb8u1) ...
update-rc.d: The service *dbus* exists both in host and guest systems.
This configuration is not supported; please refer to the user guide for more details.
invoke-rc.d: The service *dbus* exists both in host and guest systems.
This configuration is not supported; please refer to the user guide for more details.

But is there a reason why Eltech is not providing a guest image with a pre-installed wine?

At least some guidance how to install wine so that it works properly, would already be very useful (With the existing guide it is not possible to get Wine working)!! I think, if Exagear is not working with Wine, Exagear is almost useless. Or is it possible to get some "old" guest images that include Wine from somewhere?
koala_berry

Postby goha » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:41 am

The latest release of exaGear Desktop is version 1.5. Release notes of this version:
    - We have been getting tons of requests for running Windows games with ExaGear Desktop and in this release we made the first but the big step to this direction. Most changes were made in Wine to hide additional overheads on translation DirectX. With ExaGear Desktop v 1.5 games from 2000’s work pretty smoothly. We published a post with instruction how to play Arcanum, Disciples II and Fallout on Raspberry Pi
    - Please note with new version Wine is not pre-installed in the guest x86 system but you can get it just typing sudo apt-get install wine. With this command you will get the “right” Wine with mentioned above optimizations. And, yes, you’ll get Wine based on the latest stable 1.8 release.
    - Also we made a lot of other different improvements and bug fixing.

Here is an example how to use Wine and install Windows app with ExaGear Desktop v 1.5:
https://eltechs.com/run-wine-on-raspberry-pi/
goha

Postby koala_berry » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:08 pm

I followed the instructions on https://eltechs.com/run-wine-on-raspberry-pi/, until the installation of Wine everything is fine. But I have big issues with installing Gecko.

If you download Wine normally it is supposed to install Mono and Gecko automatically (it asks you if you want to install Mono and Gecko when you start it), but Eltech´s 1.8.1. Wine build does not do that. So I assume it has to be installed manually. For Mono there is a good guide available and that works perfectly fine (https://eltechs.com/mono-raspberry-pi/). Thank you for that guide!

But when I try to install Gecko the same way that does not work. I looked on the Wine headquarters for the right Gecko version (https://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko) and the table tells me to use Gecko 2.40 for wine version-1.7.50 - wine version-1.9.2. So I did the following steps:

1.) Install exagear with install script (debian 8 guest image)
2.) $ exagear
3.) $ winecfg (and set emulated windows to windows 7)
4.) $ wget http://dl.winehq.org/wine/wine-gecko/2. ... 40-x86.msi
5.) $ cd ~/Downloads
6.) $ wine start wine_gecko-2.40-x86.msi

... And nothing happens. Wine tries to start and the Window is frozen. This is the debugging output I get:

Executing wine (wineserver32) 1.8.1 on Debian 8.2 (i386).
If something goes wrong, please rerun with "WINEDEBUG=err+all wine"
for more detailed debugging output.
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads $ fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
wine: Assertion failed at address 0x5c8c0ddc (thread 000d), starting debugger...
*** stack smashing detected ***: C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe terminated
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("") (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
wine: Assertion failed at address 0x5c8c0ddc (thread 000d), starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled page fault on execute access to 0x5cce0e54 at address 0x5cce0e54 (thread 000d), starting debugger...
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x42e0df65
wine client error:d: read: Bad address
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot

... I am asking myself which Gecko version is needed by the eltechs wine 1.8.1. build?
... Does anybody else have this issues and knows how to fix them?
... Is there a possibility to write a guide that explains, how to install Wine Gecko with eltechs wine build (like the install guide for mono)?

Any help or support would be very much appreciated!!!!
koala_berry

Postby rickyshamilton » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:55 pm

I also installed Exagear Desktop and wine exactly as per the instructions, and I also have problems with i) Gecko related errors being thrown as wine starts up, and ii) applications running under wine have no network access.

Despite the warnings and errors on Wine startup, I can in fact still run Windows programs, although presumably some of the HTML rendered output will be missing.

The bigger problem for me is that whilst the i686 environment in Exagear has network access, programs running under wine do not. So, for example, I can successfully ping the router from the command line in an i686 shell, but if I launch cmd.exe under wine to get a Windows command line prompt and try pinging the router, I receive a blank line in response. The hostname is set correctly in /etc/hosts in the i686 environment, and ipconfig in cmd.exe shows that the IP addresses are correct, loopback adapter is set and the gateway address is set.

Nevertheless no traffic is routed.

I tried installing libnss-mdns:i386 and all its dependencies (of which there were loads) in the i686 environment, but this did not help at all.

I have done all I can now, and have no option but to wait for some guidance from Exagear technical support. I have sent detailed information by email but have not yet had either a response or an acknowledgement.

I bought Exagear specifically to enable me to run a Wine compatible Windows application under Wine on a Raspberry Pi. It will be bitterly disappointing if after several days of trying to sort this out, I end up unable to resolve the networking issue.

I would be most grateful for some guidance.

Regards
Richard
rickyshamilton

Postby koala_berry » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi Richard,

same problem over here!!! But it is nice to hear that I am not the only one ...

Some guidance would be really great!
koala_berry

Postby rickyshamilton » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:31 am

Maybe this needs re-posting on a fresh thread that has a less judgemental title!?

I just followed on from what seemed to be similar problems, but maybe there would be more value in starting again.
rickyshamilton

Postby koala_berry » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Yes, that is a fair proposal.

For the Gecko installation issue I opened a fresh thread in this forum (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=261).

I do not mind anybody closing this thread here, but I am not the opener....
koala_berry

ennbuy.com e a day via

Postby linming0303 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:01 am

ennbuy.com e a day via
(Icon) (EUobserver) In the night of ennbuy.com, Friday, the 15.04.2016, on Saturday, the 16.04.

2016, at least two unknown perpetrators gained u Sports Shoes,nauthorized access to the SpVgg Hainstadt, club restaurant

by on jimmied a window and then pushed down coats, the entire sash inwards or entered.

Inside the building they searched there containers and one s walking shoes,tolen from a drawer of the club restaurant

medium-sized two-digit sum of money.

The damage to the building is likely far exceed the amount of the good of thief. The police station accepts booking, telephone 06281\/9040, relevant notes.

Our news now also once a day via
(Icon) (EUobserver) Fortunately, only property damage was in a traffic accident on Highway 292 between Schweigern and Unterschüpf.

An 18-year old Fiesta extricate
linming0303

Return to ExaGear Desktop