Exec format error

Exec format error

Postby davedontmind » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 pm

I've just purchased ExaGear for my Raspberry Pi Model 3 B, with the intention of using it to run a Teamspeak server (using these instructions).

However, I'm having trouble right from the start.

I installed ExaGear ok, and it seems to be running ok (the arch command reports "i686" as the architecture), but some commands aren't working.

For example:

Code: Select all
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ arch
armv7l
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ exagear
Starting /bin/bash  in the guest image /opt/exagear/images/debian-8
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ arch
i686
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo
bash: /usr/bin/sudo: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

If I start exagear from a root shell, and try to add a teamspeak user I get:

root@raspberrypi:~# adduser teamspeak
Adding user `teamspeak' ...
Adding new group `teamspeak' (1001) ...
Adding new user `teamspeak' (1001) with group `teamspeak' ...
The home directory `/home/teamspeak' already exists.  Not copying from `/etc/skel'.
/usr/bin/passwd: 1: /usr/bin/passwd: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
invalid combination of options
Try again? [y/N]

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: a bit more info:

I followed the instructions from this thread (to re-install binfmt-support) but I still get the same error. Although, when re-installing binfmt-support, I did notice this warning:

Setting up binfmt-support (2.1.5-1) ...
update-binfmts: warning: Couldn't load the binfmt_misc module.
update-binfmts: warning: Couldn't load the binfmt_misc module.
Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u5) ...

I don't know if that's a problem or not.

My system:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.4.26-v7+ #915 SMP Thu Oct 20 17:08:44 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /etc/issue
Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 \n \l
davedontmind

Re: Exec format error

Postby davedontmind » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:45 am

Hello? Is there anyone out there who can help me?
davedontmind

Postby seccipon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 am

It looks like you have a custom kernel without support of binfmt_misc module. If you don't understand why it happened you should just reinstall vanilla raspbian image.
seccipon

Postby davedontmind » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:55 pm

No, it's a standard install of Raspbian.

However, with some superb email support from Vadim, we came to the conclusion that something was corrupted in my setup.

Having re-installed Raspbian again from scratch on a re-formatted SD card, then installed exagear, everything now works as expected.
davedontmind

electronics re news now also once a day via

Postby linming0303 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:07 am

electronics re news now also once a day via
On Friday, betw electronics,een 11 and 13: 00.

the front bumper of a silver BMW from an unknown vehicle was damaged in the pa down jackets,rking lot of the Raiffeisen Bank in Elztal-Dallau.

Blue color Antragungen could be found on the b mens shoes,umper. The resulting damage is approximately 1 000 euro. Witness hints at the police station Mosbach womens down coats,, Tel.

06261 8090Unsere news now also once a day via
(Icon) (EUobserver) Fortunately unscathed a Zündelei came from several young people at the elementary school in Aglasterhausen.

In the covered entrance of the school they set fire to several boxes on Friday night, against 21:45, on a wooden bench.

This meant that both the soil and the Bank affected have been drawn.

Incoming passers-by eventually extinguished fire, so that the call
linming0303

sale fektionen enthalten ist, durch die Ausübung

Postby linming0303 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:37 am

sale fektionen enthalten ist, durch die Ausübung die Infektion Bekämpfungsanleitung. So, jetzt habe sale,n wir mehr neue Gründe zur Infektionskontrolle, Förderung von die drei eingetragen worden sind. Di Wintermantel damen shop,ese Leitlinien nicht nur Einrichtungen des Gesundheitswesens schützen, aber wenn Sie auf einer pe daunenjacke,rsönlichen Ebene praktiziert, können sie alle Individuen halten, gesund und frei von Krankheiten. Es nur fördert gute Hygiene und gepflegtes Umfeld, die nur profitieren können. Besuchen Sie für weitere Informationen bitte unsere Website für Infektion Control. Weitere Informationen finden Informationen, Besuchen Sie bitte unsere Infektion Kontrolle Webseite infectioncontrolexams 6 einfache Möglichkeiten, HIPAA zu vermeiden Verletzungen in Social Media von Greg Garner
linming0303

Return to ExaGear Desktop