Cannot install .net on wine, cannot run .net application

Cannot install .net on wine, cannot run .net application

Postby glnwls2k » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:14 am

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience installing .net frameworks onto wine with exagear desktop. I am on a Pi3 and using the debian 8 image (which is the default one which gets installed when i run the installation script on my pi) and then i did sudo apt-get install wine and it installed eltechs own version of wine which I believe works with the 2:2gig config of the pi. This all went well and I have Wine running fine.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=25478 I then followed the advice on this link and did this:

$ ­wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winet ... winetricks

$ bash winetricks dotnet45 corefonts

It then installed .net 2.0, but when it then tried to install 3.0 (it installs the versions previous to 4.5 first) it then had an error and could not install.

Has anyone managed to get .net working on wine? I have a windows application which needs 4.5 .net framework on wine to run, but i cannot seem to install .net on wine with the above settings.

Thanks

Glen
glnwls2k

Re: Cannot install .net on wine, cannot run .net application

Postby goha » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:35 am

This is strange. As far as I remember dotnet45 was successfully installed under ExaGear. Hence I don't remember what was the guest system version. I'll test on Debian 8 and post results here.
goha

Postby glnwls2k » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:38 am

Thanks. If you do manage to get it working on a pi3 how difficult would it be to copy the image? or would you be able to tell me the steps you took please?

I spent quite a lot of time trying so I don't yet have the energy to try again yet until I know someone has gotten it working. I just followed the instructions on how to set up winetricks and have tried several different ways of trying to install the .net, including running the .net installers directly without winetricks. I couldn't get anything to work.

Thanks

Glen
glnwls2k

Postby goha » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:58 pm

Glen, there is an issue with .net45 that we are investigating (.net40 is ok). The work in process and we'll post update here once we are done.
goha

Postby goha » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:25 pm

There is a trick with dotnet45 framework installation. Please follow the instruction below and perform all steps in the given order.

1. Install .NET4
Enter the guest x86 system:
Code: Select all
$ exagear

Execute following commands:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install wine
$ sudo apt-get install cabextract

Download winetricks:
$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks
$ chmod +x winetricks

(On Ubuntu you can install Winetricks using ‘sudo apt-get install winetricks’ command)

Run .net4 installation:
$ ./winetricks dotnet40

(In fact corefonts, winbind and other packages are not mandatory even some tutorials recommend to install them).

2. Install .NET45
Download .net45:
$ wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/a/4/ba4a7e71-2906-4b2d-a0e1-80cf16844f5f/dotnetfx45_full_x86_x64.exe

Run winecfg :
$ winecfg

Then run winecfg and set ‘Windows 7’ there.

Run .net45 installation:
$ wine dotnetfx45_full_x86_x64.exe
goha

Postby Akopac » Sat May 13, 2017 8:50 am

How about .net 3.5sp1?
Akopac

Return to ExaGear Desktop