Metatrader 4 via Exagear on Raspberry PI 3

Metatrader 4 via Exagear on Raspberry PI 3

Postby buggie » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:46 am

Hi, yesterday i bought Exagear for Rpi 3 and it works, but i see some errors and would like to know how to prevent them.

So i use exagear to run Metatrader 4 through wine. Unfortunatelly i couldn't install it form installator because i had some errors with metaqoutes server. Then i moved MT4 from my windows to raspbian and then run it - it worked !

But in terminal i see some errors:

What about them?
buggie

Re: Metatrader 4 via Exagear on Raspberry PI 3

Postby beerboymark » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:32 am

Hi buggie, due to your success with mt4 on the rpi3 i also gave it a go! With success! I will check tonight if i get the same errors but i have "installed" mt4 (by copy paste) the the .wine/drive_c/program files directory.

An issue i am having however is the mt4 seems to crash after several hours running. It is fully responsive and EAs run on it but after several hours it becomes unresponsive. It is however still working since my testing EA writes a line to a csv file everytime the spread changes. MT4 crashes but the csv file still gets updated. Have you experienced anything like this?
beerboymark

Postby Chadobot » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi, thank you guys for sharing your experiences. I am also trying to run Metatrader 4 on Raspberry Pi 3.

I also have the same problem as beerboymark in the beginning. I left Metatrader 4 running with an EA, after some hours it crashed, but as you say it still works in the background. Aparently, it is only crashing the GUI, since my EA continued to trading during 4 days until I shut it down.

However, this is not happening anymore, now Metatrader completely crashes after some hours or even minutes working, which is worse.

I have read in MT4 forums that Gecko is needed. What do you think?
Chadobot

Postby goha » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Chadobot wrote:However, this is not happening anymore, now Metatrader completely crashes after some hours or even minutes working, which is worse.

Why did behavior has changed? Did you update MT4 or what? Could you share the download link for MT4 that you tested?
goha

Postby koala_berry » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi,

I also gave it a go with MT4 via Exagear, but I have an issue with libgnutls. I read through several other forums and obviously MT4 needs libgnutls26. It is advised to create filelinks from libgnutls28, or whichever libgnutls is available. Alternatively also creating a copy is supposed to do the same. But my MT4 is still complaining that it can not find libgnutls. I copied over a fresh MT4 installation from windows.

This is the error I get:
Code: Select all
err:winediag:schan_imp_init Failed to load libgnutls, secure connections will not be available.

I also have issues getting Gecko installed.

The Exagear version I downloaded has a guest image with Debian 8.3 with Eltechs winebuild 1.8.1. I see from the screenshots above, that you guys installed it with the Debian 8.2 guest image. Did it just work for you without any further tricks?
koala_berry

Postby petestop » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Can you guys share the steps to get MT4 working on RaspPi3 via ExaGear ?
petestop

Postby t126tank » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Mt4 has been working well 24*7 on my pi3 one month nearly.
Though occupying most CPU resources, seems no problem.
Refer to: https://eltechs.com/metatrader-4-on-raspberry-pi/
t126tank

Postby koala_berry » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Now with Release 2.2 of Exagear it works like a charm!!!

Really thank you exagear Team!
koala_berry

Return to ExaGear Desktop