Teamspeak on Rasp pi 1 / zero?

Teamspeak on Rasp pi 1 / zero?

Postby necrovamp » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:07 pm

I have a rasp pi 1, and am interested in getting ExaGear+Teamspeak to function on it.
I followed the guide here
https://eltechs.com/teamspeak-3-server-on-raspberry-pi-1-and-raspberry-pi-zero/
But still run into issues starting the server.
I will update this guide when I have the specific error message I receive in a little bit, but my question is more or less about the guide, and wondering if it even works at all?

According to the guide
Note that RPi 1 and RPi Zero hardware don’t have NEON support (while RPi2 and RPi3 do) and therefore cannot execute SIMD instructions. On the other hand TeamSpeak 3 Server uses SIMD instructions starting with version 3.0.12. So you should use TeamSpeak 3 Server version 3.0.11 or older for those devices.

So that means that it does work? but only on 3.0.11 or less?
But according to the same guide further down in the Raspberry Pi test stand configuration section.

Both the Rasp pi 1, and zero they tested were using
TeamSpeak 3 Server for Linux 32-bit version 3.2.0

So it does work?

And in conclusion, if that limitation previously noted, that it is possible, but only with old versions of the server is accurate, that would I think mean its unusable, since the Teamspeak 3 client updates block them from connecting to outdated servers

PS. I've been considering getting this for the ease of use, but essentially only for TS, I dont mind doing the 15 dollars + 1 license, If I could either run it on the RP1, or use the extra license for RP2, which the prices are different even though they are both ARM?
necrovamp

Re: Teamspeak on Rasp pi 1 / zero?

Postby goha » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:05 am

goha

Re: Teamspeak on Rasp pi 1 / zero?

Postby necrovamp » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:10 am

I realize why it doesn't work, just pointing out the inconsistencies in the guide

necrovamp

Return to ExaGear Desktop