Hi

is it possible to upgrade the license from 1.2 to Exagear for Raspberry Pi 3
Hardware : Raspberry Pi 3
Software : Raspbian Jessie, Exagear Desktop 2.1

Austria : High montains, no kangaroos
fmac

Re: Raspberry Pi 3

Postby Eltechs » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:44 pm

There are two ways to using 64-bit ARM devices. The first you can install legacy 32-bit Operating System (OS), but you get only “half” of your device and will use only 32-bit mode (which is included in every 64-bit device on my the best knowledge). The second way is to install 64-bit OS.
Currently Raspbian do not support 64-bit mode and provide only 32-bit and said something like we will investigate possibility of support 64-bit mode in several month. Fortunately for Odroid-C2 you can install 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04 right now.

So, what does it mean for ExaGear Desktop licensing.

1. If you are going to use 32-bit OS on 64-bit devices than 32-bit versions (ExaGear Desktop for Raspberry Pi 2 and ExaGear Desktop for ARMv7) will work on new 64-bit devices. But please note that one license key valid for one device. You have to uninstall ExaGear on old device and only after that install ExaGear on new device. If our activation robot detects simultaneous use the license key will be blocked. Also we are going to provide limited support for this configuration and update won’t be available for this configuration. Sorry about that but when we launch new versions of ExaGear we try to provide very reliable and tested version. We have around 20 different devices in lab, this multiply on Ubuntu and Debian, multiply again on at least of two version of OSes. In result - 200 different configurations. If we multiply this on 32-bit/64-bit it will be some terrible amount of configurations for testing. So, we choose between support 32-bit versions of ExaGear on 64-bit devices and providing you with regular update and enhancement. We choose the last.

2. If you are going to use 64-bit OS on 64-bit devices you will need to purchase new 64-bit version of ExaGear (ExaGear Desktop for Raspberry Pi 3 and ExaGear Desktop for ARMv8). Both ExaGear Desktop for Raspberry Pi 3 and ExaGear Desktop for ARMv8 will support running on 32-bit OS and 64-bit OS. So they fully cover functionality of previous versions. Also updates and future enhancement will be provided for free as it was for previous versions. The new 64-bit version of ExaGear Desktop is available on https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/exagear-desktop-features-and-prices/

3. We are going to provide support of 32-bit versions of ExaGear if you run them on 32-bit device (as well as it was before). So, if you are going to continue to use your 32-bit device don’t bother you will get all future enhancement :). All above as for 64-bit devices.
Eltechs

Postby jorritsmit » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:51 am

Hi,

do i understand correctly that 64-bit applications will be supported? i am looking to run bitwig studio on my pine64. Unfortunately this program is only available in 64-bit for linux. In the store it says exagear only supports 32-bit applications. Is this incorrect or do you know when this will change?

Regards
jorritsmit

Postby goha » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:20 pm

Hello!
We are working on 64-bit applications support. I cannot tell you the exact date of release as for now.
goha

Return to ExaGear Desktop