Running out of free space Rpi1B, jessie, exagear desktop.

Running out of free space Rpi1B, jessie, exagear desktop.

Postby Maxpower700 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:28 am

Hi!
I recently bought a license for exagear desktop rasp1/zero, with The hopes of running a small teamspeak3 server, but i ran into trouble when i tried installing exagear.
At first, i tried installing on The sdcard that hosted The OS, wich didnt even get The download ready since i misjudged The free space.
So i plugged in a freshly formated 8gig usb-drive, and The install went Along just fine, until it started installing Debian packages. Alot of them.
After a while, i ran out of memory, again.
So my question is, wich ive had no luck finding an answer to, neither on The forum, nor The product page, is how much space is required to run exagear desktop?
Has it just gone wrong for me, or should i stop by my mate and pick up a 16gig Flash drive?
Thank you in advance
/M
Maxpower700

Re: Running out of free space Rpi1B, jessie, exagear desktop

Postby Maxpower700 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:45 pm

after splitting the os between the sdcard and a 16gig usb, i finally had enough space to install everything. 9.0gigs free space after exagear/ts install on usb.
now if only my isp hadnt locked me out of my router.....
Maxpower700

Re: Running out of free space Rpi1B, jessie, exagear desktop

Postby Eltechs » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Hello!
You need about 2GB to install ExaGear and the guest x86 image. Also please note that each x86 program that you will install inside the guest x86 system will utilize additional disk space.

To save more space you can delete downloaded archive and even unpacked deb packages after successful installation of ExaGear.
Eltechs

Return to ExaGear Desktop