Install .Net Framework

Install .Net Framework

Postby SkyQuake » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Hello,

Please note, I'm extremely new to Linux. On a Raspberry Pi 2 with Exagear, what is the best way to install .Net Framework for use with apps designed for Windows? My research seem to indicate Mono .Net.

Thanks!
SkyQuake

Re: Install .Net Framework

Postby Armmaster » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:01 pm

Mono is reasonable solution.
Armmaster

Postby SkyQuake » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:31 pm

Thank You.

So, am I right in thinking that Mono .Net Framework should be installed within Terminal after Exagear is started? Since Exagear is a virtual machine, it, and every program within it functions independently of other ARM processes. Is this correct? My intent is to run some Windows .EXE applications that require .Net. Some of them will require Java also.
SkyQuake

Postby SkyQuake » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:50 pm

Also, if I wish to run Windows programs that require .Net, or Java, would it be better to install the Windows version of .Net, and Java, or the Linux version? I suppose the Windows program would make calls to the Windows versions of .Net, and Java... or does Wine make the Linux version the better choice?
SkyQuake

Postby Armmaster » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:39 am

You should run all this stuff inside Exagear.
Regarding to what version (windows or linux) is better to use - it depends on use case.
But it seems to me that its better to use one-OS environment, so, in your case it's Windows. But here you can face with wine limitations.
Armmaster

Postby SkyQuake » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:15 am

Thanks for the response again Armmaster. Do you think that it would be possible for the makers of Exagear to incorporate the Windows version of Mono .Net? This would be in the same way they included Wine in their distribution. This would make it a lot easier for those who try to run Windows programs that require .Net. When I tried to install Mono .Net it threw up an error about needing a 3-1 split... Of course, the lastest version of Exagear has a 2-2 split with Wine.
SkyQuake

Return to ExaGear Desktop