Question: Raspberry Pi's com port accessible?

Question: Raspberry Pi's com port accessible?

Postby arlukas » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:00 am

Hi everyone. I have two simple questions:

1) In the last ExaGear version is possible to access to the Raspberry's com port? From ExaGear desktop of course.
2) If this is possible, Can I access to that port from an application run under Wine in the ExaGear desktop?

Thanks in advance.

Regards everyone.
arlukas

Re: Question: Raspberry Pi's com port accessible?

Postby goha » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:03 pm

arlukas wrote:1) In the last ExaGear version is possible to access to the Raspberry's com port? From ExaGear desktop of course.

There was an issue related to com ports that was fixed in ExaGear Desktop v 1.2 (this is the current latest version so make sure you are using it).

arlukas wrote:2) If this is possible, Can I access to that port from an application run under Wine in the ExaGear desktop?

Yes, it should work.
goha

Re: Question: Raspberry Pi's com port accessible?

Postby RaspiSepp » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:32 am

goha wrote: Yes, it should work.

Is it possible to use an USB-RS232 Converter? For Example PL-2303-converter. How does the connection between the 086-world and the /dev/ttyUSBx work?

I try it with raspi pi2 - raspbian latest update (Jessy) + ExaGear Desktop ( exagearmem2g_*.deb + exagearguestdebian8wine2g_*.deb) Wine is running and the 086 Aplikation too.

For the connection to CNC-Machines (Heidenhain), it's necessary to use a Windowsaplikation called TNCRemo.

Thanks for help!

Greetings ;)
RaspiSepp

Return to ExaGear Desktop