Install another image?

Install another image?

Postby penguinjeff » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:25 pm

What images can I install? I don't know where to look for what images I can install. If someone can point me to the installation instructions on which images I can pick from.

I have exagear-desktop installed with debain-8 but debian-8 seems to have an incomplete version of sane. As it's version of sane only supports tiff and pnm. And it's saned daemon for sharing my scanner seems broken. When I start scanning with it from the saned daemon it stops near the end of the scan and crashes to the point I need to reboot to start using the scanner again.

Re: Install another image?

Postby goha » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:52 pm

There is no supported option to choose the guest image. Install script will install the guest x86 image that is the closest to the host ARM system of your device. Moreover even if you will manage to use another guest x86 image somehow you won't get integration of the guest image with the host one and this might cauase errors. So ib your case it is better for you to flash another ARM image, say Ubuntu, and in this case script will install the guest x86 Ubuntu.

Return to ExaGear Desktop